Saturday, January 12, 2008

Hmm. Maybe next time.

After some pretty careful consideration, last night I made the decision to not try to make the Escalation League game today.

Why?

To put it bluntly, I'm not ready for it. Looking over the army list I put together for it, I realized I would have to put together the heavy weapon marines (lascannon, heavy bolters and plascannons) starting from unpainted and still on the sprue. In other words, I could maybe -- maybe -- get them off the sprue, knock off the mold-lines, slap on some primer and then hold everything together with blue tack...oh, and let's not forget that my chaplain is still in the blister, untouched by human hands.

I simply don't want to try to pull it off. I know I won't be satisfied playing with models in that state. Also, "haste makes waste" is more than just an old saying, it's experience-proven wisdom, and I don't want to get in a stress-induced hurry and do a half-ass, sloppy job on my models. I have enough issues getting them to look (even half-way) decent without putting in a layer of potentially shoddily-done first steps that I'm certain would come back to haunt me later in the process. Besides, this is a hobby, damn it, and it's supposed to be fun, not a stress-fest of rushing around doing slap-happy half-ass panic-driven tasks.

So...no Escalation League for me this month...which is OK. I've made my decision and I'm happy with it. Yes, I'm disappointed I won't be playing in the league as planned, but at the same time, I know I'll be happier with my models (and ultimately, with my army overall) this way.


No comments:

Post a Comment