Thursday, March 6, 2008

Learning to love the STC

I'll admit that when I first started out playing 40K -- and Space Marines in particular -- I was a bit put off by the idea of the "Standard Template Construct". I thought it was a very, very cheesy way for GW to cheap out on making different models for SM tanks, transports, etc. I don't love the idea that my "battle tank" (the Predator) looks like my transport options (Rhino or Razorback).

However...I did learn to love it today...or at least, hate it less.

Why?

Because I decided that for the upcoming Escalation game, I didn't want to use the Predator I have under construction, but that a Razorback would be just the thing. So all I'm going to have to do is glue on the RB parts to the already-completed Predator chassis and presto, instant Razorback.

So while I'm still not happy about the whole STC concept -- I'd rather my tanks look like tanks, damn it, not like transports with turrets and/or sponsons -- I have to admit it made my life a lot easier today.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I like it. Get some magnets and you really have some customability. Predator, Razorback, Rhino, Vindicator, all easy as pie.

    ReplyDelete