Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Latest GK Rumors Reaction: Definitely Aroused


So, unless you've been under a rock lately you've seen some of the latest GK rumors. Paladins, Purifiers and Strike Squads, oh my! Even the base PAGK is going to seriously rock...and I can't wait. Suck it, vampires and roll over, wolves, it looks like the new kids on the block are going to be fantastic.

And I can't wait.

Why? Because I actually own the old DH codex, and was going to start an army of them until I heard the new book was coming out and decided to wait. Man...I wish I'd gotten a head start back then, because I'm really looking forward to these guys.

One of the things I'm looking forward to is using the Vindicare assassin to find those pesky rune priests with runic weapons and feeding him some long range snipery death so it's hammer...make that HAMMERHANDS time all around. It's going to be good to give some pups a little well-deserved comeuppance.

The question I have is, will having storm bolters/NFW (no matter what the flavor, though I'm thinking NFHalbreds for that special +1I love) make up for not having Counter-Charge (like the wolves do)?

Also: PALADINS. Now these guys are what Terminators should be. WS5 2W with an apothecary for that oh-so-special FNP...plus the ability for each model to take Nemesis Warding Staves for a 2++ Invulnerable Save...good grief I just had a nerdgasm. Granted, you'll be paying out the ass for them, but hey, don't they just sound like fun? Let me answer that for you: YES. :)

We won't even get in to the DreadKnight. I can't decide if I love or hate the model from the blur-a-riffic pics we have of the model, but the stats make me all tingly. 4W MC? Yes, please!

What's your favorite rumored GK tidbit? I have so many I don't think I can count them all. :)