Sunday, December 30, 2007

Reporting for Duty!

Howdy and welcome to my latest act of bloggery, which will (hopefully) chronicle my descent into the world of Warhammer 40K. Let's get things started with a picture of my WIP Ultramarines. First thing you should know is that my camera SUCKS ASS. That's right, ASS. They actually look better than this picture would lead you to believe. These 11 guys represent several hours worth of work on assembly and painting and are almost finished -- and by "finished" I mean up to my standard of "won't get laughed off the table". What remains to be done is finish painting all the minis (what I call "filling in the blue"), some touch-up/detail paint work, and then -- last but certainly not least -- add all their weapons. When I'm done and I add these guys to the ones I already have from the Macragge box set and some other stuff I've picked up I'll have over 1,000 points ready to play. Yay! Finally, no more being limited to only Combat Patrol for me!

Later today, I'll be headed to Dragon's Lair to pick up a different paint-on primer than the one I have now (which is Testor's Model Master Acryl gray) which I was...not exactly overjoyed with. For some reason, it just wasn't the paint-on primer experience I was looking for. Under the advice of Psyberwolfe I'm going to try the Reaper line of paint-on primers and hopefully it'll be what I'm looking for. We'll see.

Allrighty, that's it for now. Time to get back to painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment